Monday, September 2, 2013

Cucumber soupe-creme

Do you know that feeling when you open the fridge and realize you bought 3 times more than you need of something? In my case it was cucumber: I had about 5 large ones and only needed a couple. Luckily I remembered my mother in law makes a cucumber cream soup that my husband loves and I thought I would give it a try although I was afraid I would not like it personally.

Here is what you need for 2 servings: 1 1/2 kg cucumbers, peeled and cut in small cubes, onion or even better shallots, sour cream if you want, coriander, tabasco sauce and smoked or marinated salmon.










Cook the onions and cucumbers in a heated pot with some olive oil. Add a bit of powder soup base like Delikat then blend as much or less as you want, to get the right texture for you. You can also add some bread and sour cream to make it smoother. Season with the coriander and tabasco, serve cold or warm with salmon.

1 comment:

Materialele disponibile pe acest blog sunt publicate sub licenţă Atribuire-Necomercial-Fără Opere Derivate 3.0 România Creative Commons.